Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Update to Apple store Hingham, Massachusetts

So I went back into the Apple store in Hingham, Massachusetts.

After I was told to wait in the right corner of the store, for which inevitably became 20 minutes after my appointment time, I was greeted by an associate. Mind you there were over 10 associates working, and people who obviously came in after me we're being helped before me which was really frustrating.

But after my extended wait, some explaining of my iPod's malfunction again, I was given a new iPod free of charge because the device was still under it's one year warranty.

I am happy. Satisfied indeed to have an iPod for my fitness studio again.

But the funny thing is that my main concern, what I felt was the most dangerous malfunction, wasn't even included in the tech's error report. The device gets really hot. Hot hot! You should feel the heat generating out of it. It's alarming.

I would guess that something that feels as if it could catch fire would be a major concern. Instead, the jacks we're the labeled reason for my return. No mention whatsoever of what the majority of conversation and explanation was of my visit.

I'm guessing this was done on purpose so Apple can hide figures on their end about the risk of their product potentially creating a situation. If people post it online in forums it could be make believe. If it's not in Apple's reports then it's truth. That's my guess. I could be wrong though.

By the way. The iPod was only 8 months old. Malfunctioned pretty quickly.

But I have a new one and for $59.99 I can extend the plan for another year starting in November. Let's see if this one lasts beyond the next 8 months.

My previous 80 gig lasted 17 months before it malfunctioned... just past the warranty. Ha ha.

Keeping my fingers crossed.