Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BREAK-FAST


BREAK-FAST


An action oblivious to some, mandatory to others and situational for another.


Personally, I fall into all three categories above.


Today, I’ve been awake 4 hours thus far and merely drank 44 ounces of water, swallowed a multi-vitamin, 500mg of Niacin, 3.6g of BCAA’s and 1 tab of BIOTEST Alpha Male.


No food as of yet.


I pondered getting out for some veggies at the grocery but decided instead to type this up for you ;)


To be honest though, I am getting a little hungry now as I’m typing, MURPHY’S LAW! Or maybe it’s just listening to “Just What I Needed” by The Cars. Bringing back childhood memories at the breakfast table eating cereal or hard boiled eggs chopped with butter.


TANGENT: Funny how the breakfast table is also referred as the dinner table simply based on the hour.


Is breakfast THE MOST important meal of the day?


I’d say absolutely yes.


Now how can I say that after clearly indicating I haven’t partaken in breakfast after 4 hours of wake?


Because breakfast literally means to “Break the fast”.



So yeah it’s pretty much the most important meal.


You could skip eating all day and finally consume a steak with broccoli and rice near 7pm but that’s your breakfast Skippy not your din-din.


TANGENT: Whatever happened to Skippy? You think he ever tagged Mallory? Or did Michael disown him too soon before the 20/30-something years??



Sometimes I have ice cream for breakfast: Sometimes sunny side up eggs: Sometimes a super shake: Sometimes wild caught salmon: Sometimes pancakes: Sometimes meatballs. All depends.


But none the less, breaking your fast should be attempted when you are ready to break it.


Unless of course you only eat 2-3 times a day then by all means make sure you eat upon rising.


You’ll fit another guaranteed meal in each day and promote recovery from your vigorous and intense training sessions.


TANGENT: Seems silly to place the word vigorous and/or intense before training session, but you would be shocked my friend how many people barely train while training or work out while working out. LOL Commonly, deeper intensity, faster results, happier YOU. ;)



Live the dream my friend,



Rob



http://www.rbfit.com