Monday, November 23, 2009

Mount Washington Climb New Hampshire - November 21, 2009

So this past Sunday I was led by one of my brothers for life, Captain Michael Signori, up to the summit of Mount Washington in New Hampshire.

Mount Washington is the largest peak in the northeastern region of the United States.

The peak is 6,288 feet above sea level (1.19 miles).

The entire round trip is about 8.1 miles from the base we began at off rt. 302.

We made it up in 3 hours and 2 minutes. Came down in equal time. We couldve come down faster, but, unfortunately, I went up in really unsupportive boots, eventually injuring my MCL on my right leg, and later hurting my ligaments in my left leg.

Each step back down was excruciating. I swallowed 3500mg of ibuprofen at the summit hoping it would help... not sure it did in the immediate sense :)

Below is some fun footage of the climb during the last 30 minutes upward. This was probably some of the easiest parts of the climb, sorta. Although, the harder parts I couldn't hold a camera and pull simultaneously so... those weren't depicted.

I look forward to this climb again, or better yet, the more challenging routes, like the ravine.

WARNING:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE in VIDEOS BELOW:

The Climb (about 3 minutes)


ROCKY IV - DRAGO!!