Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Great Tips for Baseball Diamond Training

I woke up early this morning to take pix for an upcoming Maximum Fitness article I'm writing. Luckily I was able to access the lower baseball field behind my studio for some great outdoor training photos. As I was going through the movement selections something occurred to me. 'I don't train my clientele enough using a baseball diamond.'

With it you can create some amazing cardio routines with the baselines, and even create a cool exercise sequence that would be based upon length rather than time or repetitions.

For example, you could have a client athletic shuffle from home to first, turn around and sprint from first to second, tuck jump from second to third, and athletic shuffle leading with the opposite leg home. You could have them perform this once, twice or even three times in a row for a killer interval/strength/agility routine.

Just some ideas for y'all to work with.

~ B